Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bad Blogger; update

Okay, I know. I have been a very bad blogger. I have been so entranced in learning to digiscrap, that that is all I want to do! I have learned so many new things the past couple of weeks. For instance, I learned how to blend a photo into my background, like in this LO of my greatniece Lexie.


Isn't she hilarious! She is so full of it and is on the go from sun up until she finally passes out after dark. What a cutie!!

Credits -- Kits: Filmstrip - Happy New Year by GDS's Jan. 2009 collab kit;
Word Art - Child's Play by Scraps of Ellay;
Everything else: Make Believe by Mel Haines of Mel's Lightbulb Moments

In this LO I learned how to clip my photos to any shape and, in this case, puzzle pieces. And don't you just love this darling ocean theme kit. It is by Maelia Designs and is one of her kits for the SYTYCD contest being hosted by Digiscrap Addicts. There is some amazing designers and fabulous kits being offered for free. You just have to check them out!


Kit: Octopus's Garden, SYTYCD Round 3, by MAELIA Designs

One more LO to share. I am enrolled in GingerScraps scrapping bootcamp. This week's assignment is "Word Art." I have learned to recolor my title letters as well as to re-paper them to make them match whatever paper and elements I am using in my layout. I made this layout about my sweet daughter-in-law's cute little baby tummy. I wanted my title to match the bright colors of the papers. So after creating the title and finding a font I loved, I put each word into a new layer, then clipped a different paper to each word. I love how it came out!


Kit is Modern Mommy, a GingerScraps collab kit.
Fonts are Howser for my title and LD Doodle Script for my journaling.

Thanks for visiting today. I've got some exciting news and a preview of a fantastic new kit that I will tell you about in a couple of days, so please visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS